"This top range wader model uses the very best breathable material available - DuPont Supplex®. An ultra soft Supplex Nylon outer shell, laminated to a high performance Breathable Membrane, using our Vapour-Tec® Moisture Transfer System, allowing rapid vapour transfer to keep you cool, dry and comfortable all day.
Supplex is specially engineered by DuPont to provide the soft, supple touch of cotton, with the strength, durability and performance advantages of nylon. Finer multiple filaments make Supplex flexible, lightweight and around 30% softer than standard nylon fabrics. It is also as strong as it is soft, resisting abrasion, punctures and tears. Our new XS Wader surpasses the specification of many of the top brand American models, but at a realistic price."
- Double layer knee and seat pads ensure protection against abrasion and puncture damage when kneeling, or sitting.
- American style cutting puts all the leg seams up the outside, to avoid chafe.
- Bib style wader top, with adjustable, elasticated braces with quick release clips.
- Braces have Velcro panels at the front and rear, so the braces can be removed completely, allowing the waders to be rolled down to form a waist wader, using the belt supplied.
- Front Velcro flap pocket.
- Additional, removable front accessory pocket for fly boxes, tippet spools, zingers etc.
- Full lumbar support wading belt for added wading comfort all day long.
- Fitted with our unique PVC sock for longer life and better reliability.
- Regular Body Cut: S, M, L, XL, XXL
- FB (Full Body) Cut: M-FB, L-FB, XL-FB, XXL-FB
The Low Down:
Something new from Snowbee caught our eye at the 2005 MFFC Expo and we just had to try them out. What initially hooked us was the one piece extruded PVC foot. A big difference from most breathable's neoprene foot with taped seams. This should prove to be more dependable over time as seam failure will never be an issue. Also, the wading belt sports a built in back brace. Just the thing for those long days on the water.
A couple other features we liked about the Snowbee's are the removable front panel, which can be Velcro'd into place inside or outside the front pocket. Gravel guards are built in, as they should be on high-end waders.
At this price point, Snobee is competing against the top of the line Simms and Bailey's waders, which should prove to be interesting. All are packed with features and innovations, so we'll have to base the final outcome on performance and durability. Check back to see how the XS Breathables stack up on our long term "Quest Tested"
For more information on the Snowbee XS waders, check out Snowbee's website.