"Revolutionary. For comfort, the Steelhead FT features our specialized easy entry heel lok system, quick drying Durahide leather and a wide stable base. For traction, the Steelhead FT is equipped with our exclusive OUZEL Spike System and non-slip felt. The OUZEL Spikes provide exceptional traction on wet rocks and the felt ensures full coverage. In our humble opinion, this boot provides the best wet surface traction ever devised."
- Quick-drying Durahide leather for light weight and durability
- Quick-release heel lock system for easy entry
- Rubberized protective heel and toe material
- Lateral and medial vents and breathable mesh for drainage
- Removable aluminum OUZEL Spikes for exceptional wading traction
- Non-slip felt for full traction coverage
- Trail Spikes available for shore traction
- Hidden shank for extra swing stability and support
- High sidewall mudguard for enhanced stability
- Wide, sturdy base for stability and hiking support
- Built-in arch support for added comfort and support
- Removable, supportive compression EVA sockliner
The Low Down:
Always looking for the "better mousetrap": we were happy to see another manufacturer enter the wading boot market. Bite is a maker of outdoor style footwear and is just beginning to enter the fishing arena. Their wading sandals have been around for a couple of years and by most accounts are pretty good. The Steelhead FT and it's sibling the Steelhead RB are their latest introductions.
Here are our first impressions after wearing them for a day or two:
Eric Z -I like the overall feeling of the boot, light and very comfortable. Traction was very good with those big old ouzel spikes backed by a felt sole. About the only thing I'm not so hot about are the numerous lace hooks which will catch just about anything including fly line. Not sure how long the all-cloth boot will last but I guess we'll find out!
Chris H -My initial impression was that they were very easy to get into. After lacing them up they really didnít offer much support in the upper ankle, but they more than made up for it in overall comfort. Being very light and soft, they were not taxing on my feet after a long day on the river.
After we test em' out you'll see them in the Quest Tested section.
Check out the Bite Footwear website for further information as well as a dealer locator page.